AS A PRO
- Number one tennis player in Egypt for Twelve consecutive years. (1987-98)
- Davis-cup player on the Egyptian Davis Cup team for twelve consecutive years.
- Started my professional tennis career in 1993.
- Became a member of the ATP and played on the ATP tour for six years (1993-1998).
- Finished the first year of my professional career at an ATP ranking of 190.
- Finished my singles professional career ranked as high as 126 in the world.
- Finished my doubles professional career ranked as high as 127 in the world.
- Won five doubles challenger titles.
- Won two singles challenger titles.
- Won five satellite singles titles.
- Won four doubles satellite titles.
- Played in most major events including 13 grand slam events:
- U.S. Open, French Open, Australian Open, Wimbledon, Japan Open, Rome, Casablanca, Chennai, Mexican Open, Qatar Open, Copenhagen Open, Saint Petersburg.
AS A COLLEGE ATHLETE
- Played number one for Louisiana State University (L.S.U.) for three years. (1991/92/93)
- Led the school to three top eight finishes, 91/92/93.
- Hold the school Winn ingest record for number one singles, 45-3
- Hold the school record for most consecutive wins in straight sets at number one.
- Two years all SEC team.
- Three years All-American in singles. (L.S.U.)
- Three Years All-American in doubles. (L.S.U.)
- Semi finalist in the NCAA clay court championships 1992.
- Semi Finalist in the NCAA championships 1993.
- Finished the 92/93 season ranked third in the nation.
- Inducted in the L.S.U. hall of fame in 1994.
- The Only player to be signed from college by Advantage International (Managing Firm) in 1993.
AS A JUNIOR
- Ranked top twenty in the world (1990), reaching fourth rounds in Wimbledon, U.S. open, and the Orange Bowl.
- Won titles in Klosters (Switzerland), Munich (Germany), Winchester (England).
- Won African championships twice (1986/87).
- Won Arab championships in 1989.
- Became the number one ranked Men’s tennis player in Egypt at age fifteen.
08/98 – 08/01 Palmer Tennis Academy Tampa FL
Director of player development and professional programs
- Coached and mentored the top and professional programs at Palmer Tennis Academy.
- Managed the top players and professionals and organized their tournaments. Placed my athletes in top NCAA division one schools, (Harvard, Georgia tech, Alabama, Virginia tech, Central Florida, and many more)
02/98 – 08/98 Egyptian Tennis Federation
Coach and Captain of the Egyptian Davis Cup Team
- Selected the team to represent the country.
- Designed a schedule for the national team to peak at the desired tie.
- Coached the national team during the weeks of the competition.
- Evaluated every player’s performance for future reviews.
01/01- Present University of South Florida Tampa, FL
Volunteer Assistant Coach (Men’s Tennis Team)
- Assisted in preparing the team for dual matches through a fine tuned practice regime and mental preparations.
- Coached the players during matches and helped lead the team to the finals of the USA conference.
- Team meetings with the head coach and other assistants to discuss strategy and scouting reports for opposing teams and conducted separate meetings with the players in regards to these matters and more.
- Prepared several evaluations for players who were considered for the team.
08/98- Present On Tour Traveling Coach
- During the above endeavors, coached a number of professional players ranked as high as 4 in the world in the junior ITF rankings, and 140 in the ATP tour world rankings.
- There is no substitute for hard work.
- Talent only plays a factor when the hard work invested by both players is the same.
- You can only achieve consistency through time spent on the court.
- Tennis is like fingerprints, always play your game.
- Life is 10% what happens to us and 90% how we react to it, always control your attitude.
- Common respect is the bases for any successful relationship.
“ I am very proud of all my previous achievements and accomplishments, but what I am most proud of, is surviving the tough challenges and rough times that came along the way that helped shape my character today”
Tamer El Sawy